The Governor recently appointed former Environment, Resources and Development Court Judge Christine Trenorden as a member of the Environment Protection Authority Board.
The Board is the governing body of the Authority and must consist of seven – eight members with expertise and experience relevant to:
- environment protection and natural resource management
- industry, commerce or economic development
- environmental conservation and advocacy
- environmental law
- local government
Board members are appointed for a maximum term of three years. The Board provides overall strategic direction, develops environmental policy and monitors the performance of the Authority.
Ms Trenorden joins Ms Linda Bowes, who has now been appointed as the Presiding Member of the Board after an appointment as the Deputy Presiding Member since 2013. Mr Allan Holmes, former Chief Executive of the Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources, has been appointed the new Deputy Presiding Member. The other members of the Board are:
- Mr Tony Circelli – Chief Executive of the EPA
- Dr Rob Fowler – Environmental law academic
- Dr Helen Macdonald – CEO of the Naracoorte Lucindale Council
- Mr Mark Withers – CEO of the City of Port Adelaide Enfield
- Dr Roslyn DeGaris – Sustainability consultant