We act for anyone who has had property compulsorily acquired by a Council, the Department for Infrastructure and Transport/Commissioner of Highways or other infrastructure authority and anyone challenging a property valuation by a Council or the Valuer General.
Our land valuation and acquisition compensation expertise includes:
- Advice on the land acquisition processes for road opening and closing and compulsory acquisition;
- Advice on and preparation of compensation claims for land acquisition;
- Objections to road opening and closing and compulsory land acquisition;
- Submissions and objections to property valuations and rating determinations;
- Court challenges to valuations and rating determinations;
- Applications for payment of compensation offers out of the Supreme Court fund;
- Compensation appeals in the Supreme Court for compulsory acquisitions.
We have acted for a wide range of property owners and tenants or businesses subject to compulsory land acquisition across South Australia. Such projects over the last 10 years have included negotiating claims for compensation for farmers affected by the Northern Adelaide Expressway, Viticulturalists claiming compensation for the Penola Bypass, land owners of warehouse and industrial buildings affected by the South Road Superway and business owners disposed by the Magill Road intersection.