We act for irrigators (particularly in the viticulture and horticulture industries), funds and other water users in all water licensing, policy and litigation. We also act for primary producers and developers in all native vegetation, soil and pest control matters. From minor licence variations to large water allocation transfers and native vegetation clearance approvals, we provide advice and representation for all aspects of natural resources licensing, policy and transactions.
Our expertise in the water and natural resources fields includes:
- Water resources policy advice (including submissions on Water Allocation Plans and Natural Resources Management Plans);
- Preparation of water licence applications;
- Water transfer agreements;
- Preparation of permit applications;
- Environment Resources and Development Court appeals against permit, licence and transfer decisions and licence conditions, allocation variations and existing user allocations;
- Preparation of native vegetation clearance applications;
- Representation before the Native Vegetation Council;
- Preparation of action plans and management agreements;
- Defending enforcement notices, protection orders, reparation orders and civil enforcement proceedings;
- Defending prosecutions and enforcement proceedings.