Syd McDonald / Senior Associate
Syd has been specialising in the fields of town planning, land use and environmental law since 2011.
Having joined Botten Levinson in 2020, Syd brings with him the benefit of having acted for corporate, private and local government clients throughout his career.
Syd prides himself on providing practical and strategic advice.
Syd operates across all practice areas of the firm but has particular expertise in:
- Appearing as counsel in the Environment, Resources and Development Court in planning appeals, reviews of decisions made by planning authorities and civil/criminal enforcement related matters under the Development Act 1993 and the Environment Protection Act 1993 and as instructing solicitor and junior counsel in the Supreme Court of South Australia in planning appeals and Judicial Review proceedings;
- Drafting representations and responses to representations relating to development applications;
- Appearing as an advocate before Council Assessment Panels and the State Commission Assessment Panel;
- Providing advice on contentious and complex development applications;
- Providing advice in relation to encroachment and boundary fencing disputes;and
- Drafting land management agreements and Infrastructure Deeds.